These texts are not thoroughly reviewed (fact-checked) and thus represent only a playful exploration of the ability of an Artificial Intelligence to make sense of this practice that we’re so passionate about. Thank you for your discretion ~
Context into this Journaling Practice
Órbita Semanal (ÓS) is a 7-day journaling practice that takes inspiration from the association between the visible planets and the days of the week; starting with Sunday and ending on Satur(n)day.
This perspective towards the cycle of the week (a.k.a. Orbit) invites us to advance through a holistic set of intentions, prompts, and activities that support the clarity, harmony, and momentum of our vision, habits, and projects. We’ll of course cover what this entails for each of the planet-days in this AI-powered blog post.
This guidance of our writing started in collaboration with Bryan G. Olivas Orozco on that ☉ 27th of March 2022 and it has since evolved and expanded in such novel and expansive ways. That said, there’s already a distilled (& bilingual!) set of digital slides that we use to aid this daily process~ Click here to go to the ÓS Homepage.
With this, while honoring this great Wednesday (☿ Mercury), we invite you to take what resonates, journal about it, and to continue this conversation through your own resonance! This time around, our curiosity asked ChatGPT about its knowledge of Órbita Semanal ✧
ÓS x ChatGPT
Once again, with the intention of perceiving through novel angles around this practice, we prompted this Artificial Intelligence with this:
“Write creative planet-specific instructions, prompts, habits, and questions for a daily journaling practice that has in its focus the planetary association of each of the days of the week.”
We hope you enjoy these organized iterations to the answers that we received.
-(all text with dashes are complements from ourselves)-
Intro to the Journal:
- Begin each entry in your daily journal by writing the planetary reference (-☉ ☾ ♂ ☿ ♃ ♀ ♄-) for the day of the week at the top of the page. (ex. ☿ 25 Jan 23)
- Reflect on how the energy of the planet associated with the day may be impacting your thoughts, emotions, and actions.
- Use this as inspiration for your journal entry, and consider incorporating related themes, symbols, or imagery into your writing.
- -Incorporate your own pacing, form, medium, ~touch.
Remember to be kind to yourself and take it easy as you start incorporating these instructions into your daily routine. It takes time to form new habits and it’s ok if you don’t get it perfect at the first try. -ChatGPT <3
☉ Sunday (SUN):
The Sun is associated with vitality, will power and self-expression. It is also associated with the principle of life, light, and consciousness. The sun is often associated with the ego, the self and the sense of individuality. In astrology, the Sun is associated with the principle of vitality and is said to govern the individual’s sense of purpose, confidence, self-esteem, and direction in life. It is also associated with the planet’s metal gold and the color yellow. Some belief systems also associate the sun with the solar plexus chakra, Manipura, which is said to govern the power of personal will and the ability to manifest one’s intentions.
Start your day by spending some time in the Sun, whether that be going for a walk, sitting outside, or doing a sun salutation. Consider how it brings light and life to the earth. What can you do to bring more of that energy into your life? Reflect on the energy and warmth the sun provides and how it can inspire you to be more confident, radiant and bold in your own life -and in this new orbit-.
- What are some things that bring light and energy into your life?
- How can you channel that energy into your daily actions and decisions?
- Take a walk outside during the day and spend at least 15 minutes basking in the sun’s rays.
- -Planting the seed; Write a list of the experiences that will cultivate your intention this orbit–
- Write down three things you’re grateful for and why they bring you joy. -Honor your Presence-
- How can I bring more positivity and energy into my life this week?
- How am I shining my light today?
- What am I feeling proud of and confident about?
- How am I expressing my individuality?
- Reflect on your personal power and how you shine in the world.
- What would you like to accomplish this week -from (and for) your confident and nurturing self-?
- How can you use that energy to achieve your goals in the coming week?
- Reflect on how you can bring more light and positivity into your life and relationships.
- Consider how you can align your actions with your values and purpose.
☾ Monday (MOON):
The Moon is associated with emotions, intuition, and the unconscious mind. It is also associated with the feminine principle, and it governs the natural rhythms of life, such as the cycles of the tides and the menstrual cycle. The Moon is also associated with the metal silver and the color white. Some belief systems also associate the Moon with the sacral chakra, Svadhisthana, which is said to govern the ability to feel and to experience pleasure. The Moon is also associated with the goddess Artemis or Diana in Greek mythology, and the Roman goddess Luna.
-After journaling about your dreams- begin your day by observing the moon -as it is well advised to keep track of its current phases-.
Reflect on the moon’s cyclical nature, its nurturing nature, and how it affects the tides and rhythms of your own life.
- Write about something that is currently in a phase of change in your life. How are you adapting to this change?
- Take note of your emotions and how they fluctuate throughout the day.
- -Sense fully into your body and meditate on the feelings that arise. In detail, how am I feeling today?-
- Write a letter to yourself, giving advice on how to navigate the ups and downs of life.
- Set aside time each night to observe the moon and track its phase in your journal.
- Consider how you can cultivate healthy practices of self-care and self-compassion in your daily routine.
- -Keep a dream journal (or recording device) close to bed for better dream recall-
- How can I take inspiration from the -feminine, nurturing- energy of the moon to bring balance and harmony into my life?
Reflect on your emotions and intuition. What did you feel strongly about today? How did your emotions guide you in making decisions? What can you learn from your intuition for the coming week?
How are your emotions influencing your decisions and interactions today? What are you feeling intuitive about? How are you nurturing your inner self?
♂ Tuesday (MARS):
Mars is associated with energy, assertiveness, and action. It is also associated with the principle of war, aggression and power. Mars is often associated with the archetype of the warrior and is said to govern the ability to take action and to defend oneself. In astrology, Mars is associated with the principle of energy and is said to govern ambition, assertiveness, and the ability to take action. It is also associated with the color red and the metal iron. Some belief systems also associate Mars with the first chakra, Muladhara, which is said to govern the ability to ground oneself and to feel secure. Mars is also associated with the Roman god of war, Mars and the Greek god Ares.
As you begin your day, think about the planet Mars and its association with action, energy, and courage. Reflect on how you can channel that energy into your own actions and decisions.
- What actions can you take today to move closer to your goals?
- What steps can you take to be more assertive or confident?
- Write about a goal you have and the steps you are taking to achieve it.
- What obstacles do you anticipate and how will you overcome them?
- Write a letter to your future self, describing your goals and aspirations.
- Each morning, spend 5 minutes visualizing yourself taking bold and decisive actions in your day.
- How can you tap into your inner warrior and channel the energy of Mars to achieve your goals?
- How are you feeling energetic and assertive today?
- What are you taking action on?
- How are you expressing your will and desire?
- Reflect on your drive and ambition. What actions did I take today to move towards my goals? What obstacles did I face and how did I overcome them? How can I channel my inner warrior to achieve my goals in the coming week?
- Reflect on a recent accomplishment or victory, and what you learned from it.
- Consider how you can assert your boundaries and stand up for yourself in a healthy way.
☿ Wednesday (MERCURY):
Mercury is associated with communication, intellect, and adaptability. It is also associated with the god Hermes in Greek mythology and the Roman god Mercury. Mercury is often associated with the power of language, writing, and the ability to convey ideas. It is also associated with the power of the mind, and is said to govern the intellect and the ability to think and reason. In astrology, Mercury is associated with the principle of communication and is said to govern the intellect, the ability to think and reason, and the power of language. It is also associated with the planet’s metal quicksilver and the color orange. Some belief systems also associate mercury with the throat chakra, Vishuddha, which is said to govern the ability to communicate and express oneself. Mercury is also associated with the power of adaptability, and is said to govern the ability to change and adapt to different situations.
Start your day by thinking about the planet Mercury and its associations. Reflect on how you can use these qualities in your own day.
- What important conversations or interactions do you have planned for today? How can you make sure you are communicating effectively and efficiently?
- Write about a conversation you had recently that made a significant impact on you. What did you learn from it?
- Write a letter to someone you need to apologize to, or who you would like to thank.
- Take a few minutes each Wednesday morning to reflect on your communication style and identify areas for improvement.
- -Set time aside to organize your digital and physical folders & files-
- -Make a list of the people you’d like to do a follow-up with-
- How can I tap into the energy of Mercury to improve my communication skills and achieve my goals?
- How am I communicating and connecting with others today?
- What am I learning and discovering? How am I being adaptable and flexible?
- Reflect on communication and self-expression. How did you express yourself today? Did I feel heard and understood by others? What can I do to improve my communication skills in the coming week?
- Reflect on a recent communication challenge, and what could I have done differently.
- Consider how you can improve your listening and communication skills.
♃ Thursday (JUPITER):
Jupiter is associated with expansion, abundance, and good fortune. It is also associated with the god Zeus in Greek mythology and the Roman god Jupiter. Jupiter is often associated with the principle of growth and is said to govern the power of expansion and abundance. Jupiter is also associated with the power of good luck and good fortune, and is said to govern the ability to attract positive opportunities and experiences. It is also associated with the planet’s metal tin and the color purple. Some belief systems also associate Jupiter with the crown chakra, Sahasrara, which is said to govern the ability to connect with the divine and to access higher levels of consciousness. Jupiter is also associated with the power of optimism, and is said to govern the ability to see the best in people and situations. It’s also considered a planet of wisdom, luck, and opportunities.
Begin your day by thinking about the planet Jupiter and its association with growth, abundance, and expansion. Reflect on how you can bring these qualities into your own life.
- What areas of your life are you looking to expand or grow?
- What steps can you take to manifest abundance and prosperity?
- What are you feeling grateful for? How are you being optimistic and generous?
- Write about an area of your life where you would like to see growth. What steps can you take to make that happen?
- Write a letter to yourself, describing what you would like to achieve in the next year.
- Each morning, spend 5 minutes visualizing yourself experiencing growth and abundance in different areas of your life.
- -Channel your jovial energy into your activities-
- How am I expanding and growing today?
- How can I tap into the energy of Jupiter to bring more growth and abundance into my life?
- Reflect on growth and expansion. What did you learn today? How did you expand your horizons? How can you continue to grow and evolve in the coming week?
- Reflect on a recent opportunity or expansion in your life.
- Consider how you can grow and expand in a way that aligns with your values and purpose.
♀ Venus (FRIDAY):
Venus is associated with love, beauty, harmony, and balance. It is also associated with the goddess Aphrodite in Greek mythology and the Roman goddess Venus. In astrology, Venus is associated with the principles of harmony, balance, and beauty, and is said to govern relationships and social interactions. In some belief systems, Venus is also associated with the metal copper, and with the color green. Additionally, Venus is associated with the heart chakra and Anahata.
Start your day by setting aside some time to reflect on the energy of Venus. This can be done by reading about the planet’s mythology and symbolism, or by simply taking a moment to visualize the planet in your mind.
- What does love mean to you? How do you show love to yourself and others? How do you find beauty in everyday life?
- Write about someone or something you love. How can you bring more love and beauty into your life?
- Who or what do I love most in my life? How can I bring more love and beauty into my relationships and surroundings?
- Take a few minutes each ♀ morning to reflect on the love and beauty in your life and express gratitude for them.
- Spend some time each day observing and appreciating the beauty in nature. Take a walk and take a mental note of the colors, smells, and sounds that surround you.
- How can I tap into the energy of Venus to bring more love and beauty into my life?
- -What are the metaphorical (and/or literal) flowers that I’m gifting to the Beloved today?-
- Reflect on how you can bring the qualities of love, beauty, and harmony into your own life.
♄ Saturn (SATURDAY):
Saturn is associated with limitation, restriction, and responsibility. It is also associated with the god Cronus in Greek mythology and the Roman god Saturn. Saturn is often associated with time, karma, and the concept of time as a teacher. It is said to govern the structures of society, and is associated with the limitations and boundaries that help to define our lives. In astrology, Saturn is associated with the principle of responsibility, and is said to govern career and social status. It is also associated with the planet’s metal lead, and with the color black. Saturn is also associated with the crown chakra, Sahasrara and is known as a teacher, a task master, and a disciplinarian. It is said to bring out lessons through testing and challenging experiences, helping individuals to build character, discipline, responsibility and wisdom.
Consider the theme of discipline. Reflect on how you can bring more discipline into your life and the world around you. Think about the different ways in which you can practice self-discipline, whether it be through exercise, work, or personal projects.
- What goals or responsibilities do I need to focus on today and this coming week? How can I create a structure or plan to achieve them?
- Take a few minutes each ♄ morning to make a to-do list for the day and prioritize your responsibilities.
- -Re-read the week through you journal and take notes on what worked, what didn’t, and the ways that you are supporting your life’s momentum.-
- How can I use the energy of Saturn to bring more boundaries, self-discipline and self-control in my life?
- Reflect on something you have accomplished recently that required discipline and responsibility. How did it feel to see it through?